We are excited to announce the availability of our largest update ever, version 3.0! This adds significant new features such as permissions, live chat, and support for multiple custom forms. Here is a run down of the major features:
- Collision Detection: Prevents multiple agents from working on the same ticket at the same time. When another agent is already editing or looking at a ticket, team members will be able to see this, reducing the chances of a customer receiving duplicate replies.
- Permissions: Determine which staff members have access to different features of Helpy, and which groups of customer tickets. This helps you enforce the minimum necessary access to potentially sensitive customer service information or functionality.
- Live Chat: Live chat allows you to interact with visitors or customers one on one in real time. Not around to chat at the moment? No problem, when you reply to any chats, your response will be sent by email and you will be able to continue the conversation (if the user has provided their address).
- Knowledge base Widget: The Helpy Connect widget brings contextually relevant content from your knowledge base directly to customers at the time they need it, within your app or site.
- Customer Announce: Allows you to send broadcast messages to different cohorts of users. Perfect for sending service or maintenance notifications to your customers to keep them in the loop.
- Form Builder/ Form embed: Create multiple ticket submission forms to solve different customer problems. Each form can have unique fields, and automatically classify and assign tickets.
- Data masking: Prevents the storage of PII or other sensitive information in the body of support communications. This feature automatically scrubs PII like email addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, IP Addresses, and credit card numbers.
- IP Whitelisting: Allows administrators to restrict access to the admin interface to only whitelisted IP addresses. This prevents unauthorized access to the backend by anyone your IT department has not specifically granted access to.
How to upgrade
Upgrades happen automatically in the Helpy hosted cloud. You will not need to do anything.
Upgrading self hosted Helpy Pro is straightforward and can be completed by following the instructions below:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade sudo helpy run rake db:migrate sudo helpy restart